We are currently recruiting on behalf of a rapidly growing specialist Brickwork Contractor, who are searching for a key member to join our pre-construction team due to a steadily increasing workload. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking to build upon their estimation knowledge and the scope to work autonomously towards further career progression. We work across a number of sectors, from Residential or Commercial projects, to Leisure and Infrastructure so there is great scope to participate on a range of different projects.
Daily responsibilities of Estimator will include:
- Prepare and lead the compilation of tenders, depending on level of experience
- Develop client and consultant relations and manage expectations
- Comply with estimating processes to ensure it complies with standing orders
- Work in conjunction with administration staff in preparation of the estimate
- Provide input to the handover process from estimating to contract
- Provide data as requested to review the performance of the supply chain member
- Attend meetings with Client, Designers, Quantity Surveyor's, etc. where necessary
- Provide input into the review of supply chain members
Requirements for the role of Estimator:
- Experience in producing estimates for brick/block work packages is ESSENTIAL.
- Meeting client on-site to negotiate best price and understand requirements.
- Developing relationships with key clients.
- Researching materials, equipment and labour costs.
- Gathering quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Negotiating improved supplier prices.
- Assessing the levels of risk on a project.
- Preparing and submitting quotations for work.
- Helping with bids for new contracts and supporting buying activities.
- Understanding drawings and specifications.
- Preparing accurate take offs from drawings.
- Computer literate - especially in Excel, Word and Outlook.
If you feel you would be well-suited for this position please apply, or contact Ryan Else for more information 0207 248 0000/07912 227321 or e-mail me at .