Established in 2004, they are a leading, fully integrated construction and utility services company, providing expertise and extensive knowledge to the UK's largest construction projects.
They have a range of capabilities that includes delivery of complex large-scale multi-utility and infrastructure projects across the public and private sectors.
Their ability to draw upon in-house skills enables us to provide bespoke, fully-managed solutions for even the most complicated projects. Our team has experience of liaising with all stakeholders at every level including homeland security agencies, government officials and major organisations in the UK.
As Civils Estimator (Heavy Civils/ Structures) you will be able to provide quantities and budgets for Labour, plant and materials needed to complete a project. During the tendering process, it may be required to procure sub-contract packages to form part of the overall project delivery. The preparation and distribution of enquiries for the sub-contract packages as well as material and plant are important to capture current market place costs to ensure cost accuracy within the estimate.
The estimator is also expected to identify and mitigate project risks and opportunities for review during bid settlements.
Specifically assigned to pricing heavy civil/structures work the estimator will also need to be flexible to pricing other works when required to do so.
- Review and form an understanding of the project from the Invitation to Tender documents.
- Preparation of Bill of Quantities and any take off to either populate or as a checking exercise.
- Preparation of contract overview and settlement documents for tender review meetings.
- Work alongside the planning team to develop a suitable programme for each tender as required.
- Prepare hand over documents in the event of a successful tender award.
- Identify and collate any subcontract enquiry packages to supplement into tender as required.
- Prepare material take off and quantities for procurement enquiries.
- Pricing all civils elements of estimates from first principles
- Identify operational and commercial risk within the project and ensure adequate allowance has been made within the commercial submission
- Collate and submit to the client any Tender Queries within the prescribed periods outlined in the ITT documents when applicable.
- Collate a risk register for each tender when applicable with the input of the operations team.
- Hold adjudication/settlement meetings with internal parties and Directors
- Prepare for and attend post tender interviews with client's team
- Undertake post tender negotiations to ensure the project is secured.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Minimum Qualification - Bsc (Ideally construction based)
- Experience working in similar role as an estimator minimum 5 year
- Experience working in heavy civils & structures e.g. basements and bridges.
- Experience working with estimating software packages.
- Good understanding of standard methods of measurement.
- Good working skills in Microsoft software packages (Excel, Word etc.).
- Good understanding of estimating principles.
- Good understanding of standard conditions of contract e.g. JCT & NEC
- Additional Languages would be advantageous but not specifically required.
- Good communication skills
- Driving Licence
If you wish to apply for this role, please send your CV . Or call Ryan on 07912 277321 for more information.