Job Title - Estimator
Location - Surbiton, Surrey
Salary - £60k-£70k plus package
An Exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Estimator to join a steadily expanding Main Contractor in Surrey.
My client are seeking an Estimator who has at least 5 years' experience with a Main Contractor to join our busy team, based in Surbiton.
My client work work on New Build, Refurbishment, fit-out and D&B projects in London and the South East up to a value of £10M in the Commercial, Sports, Residential, Educational and Church sectors.
Salary up to £70K + plus benefits + pension
The Estimator will be required to:
· Take tenders from initial enquiry to submission.
· Provide timely and accurate estimates
· Analyse contract documentation and prepare accurate subcontractor packages for pricing.
· Liaise and negotiate with Subcontractors and Suppliers
· Actively participate in adjudication meetings
· Maintain good relationships with prospective clients and professionals to promote
further tender invitations.
The Estimator will possess:
· Previous estimating experience of at least 5 years with a Main Contractor in a similar
· Knowledge of building material components, building regulations and H&S
· Good estimating skills (including taking off).
· Computer skills, especially Excel
· Knowledge of contractual procedures and responsibilities
· The ability to analyse and assess risk.
· Good negotiation, influencing and communication skills
· Good organisation skills, analytical reasoning and attention to detail
· Local knowledge of suppliers and subcontractors
· Interests outside work
And the Estimator will be:
· Professional, Self-motivated and with the ability to work alone or in a team
· Organised, and possess problem solving and VE skills
· Well-spoken and personable.
· Confident and resourceful
If you would like to be considered for this role or any other opportunities, please submit your CV, or for a confidential discussion, please contact Sam Taylor on 0207 248 0000.