Role - Estimator
Location - Southend on Sea
Salary - £50k-£55k + Package
My client specialises in the effective planning, management and delivery of commercial & residential building projects in the Residential, Educational, Healthcare and Public sectors. They work throughout London and the South East.
They are looking for an Estimator to join their team, working closely with the Managing Estimator and 2 others in a small team.
The Estimator will be required to:
- Take tenders from initial enquiry to submission.
- Provide timely and accurate estimates
- Analyse contract documentation and prepare accurate subcontractor packages for
- Liaise and negotiate with Subcontractors and Suppliers
- Actively participate in adjudication meetings
- Maintain good relationships with prospective clients and professionals to promote
- further tender invitations.
The Estimator will possess:
- Previous estimating experience
- Knowledge of building material components, building regulations and H&S
- Good estimating skills (including taking off).
- Computer skills, especially Excel
- Knowledge of contractual procedures and responsibilities
- The ability to analyse and assess risk.
- Good negotiation, influencing and communication skills
- Good organisation skills, analytical reasoning and attention to detail
- Local knowledge of suppliers and subcontractors
- Ability to work well within a team
If this role is of interest to you then please apply directly or feel free to call Sam Taylor on 020 7248 0000