Daniel Owen are currently recruiting for a Facilities Assistant to join a large housing group in Hackney, East London.
Purpose of role:
To maintain a high standard of cleaning throughout the centre, provide support in the activity set up / set downs and assist with the daily operations including reception cover
Key result areas:
- To carry out tasks in accordance with the cleaning schedule, ensuring that both day to day duties and periodic cleaning are done timely and to an appropriate standard.
- Ensure the HLC Manager is informed of any issues or problems witnessed around the building.
- Work on own initiative with minimal supervision and effectively manage time
- To ensure the safe use of specialised heavy cleaning machinery ensuring all manufacturer's safety precautions and instructions are followed, and where necessary to ensure protective clothing is used.
- Repair and health and safety issues are reported promptly and followed up appropriately.
- To ensure that all chemicals are correctly used and stored.
- To provide cover for reception breaks.
- To set up and set down programmed activities and for room hire bookings.
- To participate in new projects where the suitable skills / experience are present.
- To follow Peabody Health and Safety policies and procedures to ensure, as far as is practicable, your own safety and that of others in the workplace. You may be required to undertake specific Health and Safety roles such as Fire Warden or First Aider as part of your duties.
- Ability to prioritise and work on one's own initiative and with minimum of supervision.
- Ability to communicate sensitively with a wide range of people.
- Knowledge of COSHH and other relevant Health and Safety regulations
- Ability to order appropriate chemicals and equipment while providing a cost-effective service
- A willingness to learn the use of specialised heavy cleaning machinery and the ability to pass this training on to other members of staff.
- Willingness to be flexible
- Customer service experience.
If you are interested in the role, please contact the Daniel Owen Facilities Management Team today.