Daniel Owen is currently looking to speak to Facilities Managers based in Southeast London to support a portfolio of corporate estates within South East and Central London. The role is a four to six month contract with the potential to be extended.
Our client are a well known association who work within both the public and private sector on both domestic and commercial property contracts.
Job title: Facilities Manager
Start date: ASAP
Contract type: This role is temp for 4-6 months with a possibility of extension
Location: South East London
Working hours and breaks: 35 hours, Monday-Friday, 9-5
- To have excellent familiarity with the property portfolio and good working relationships for the building users
- Adopting a proactive approach to all matters relating to building management, taking full ownership and accountability for all properties and their services within your remit to develop a good reliable service
- Undertake regular periodic building inspections to ensure all aspects of the working environment is safe and secure, the buildings are clean and free from hazards and the building fabric is in good condition and adequately maintained. To include statutory checks relating to legionella and fire drills/evacuations etc
- Responsible for all day to day Health & Safety issues arising from building occupation and taking the necessary actions from accident and incident (A&I) reports and audit actions raised
- Have a coherent understanding of the soft and hard service contracts and their planned/periodic schedules across portfolio, to ensure high standards of delivery and performance is monitored and managed through contract reviews
- Monitor and audit all 3rd party services being carried out on properties ensuring contract service levels are adhered to
- Manage work tasks assigned through the helpdesk in a timely manner, ensuring a good flow of communication with helpdesk staff and end users. Overall effective management of assigned tickets from start to resolution
- Ensure properties remain statutory complaint liaising with the central compliance team and monitoring, recording, auditing and reporting on all elements including water, electricity, asbestos, fire and gas.
- Have a focus on the workspaces within the properties to ensure they support best working environments (including furniture, equipment and consumables)
- Have a full understanding of budgeted vs actual spend within portfolio, ensuring variances are accounted for.
- To be responsible for maintaining the forward maintenance register and planned repair works with ownership of applying for funding requests
- To take ownership of all building administration including utilities, business rates and permits etc.
- MBIFM / IOSH / NEBOSH qualified
- Statutory Building Compliance Course awareness including
- Emergency First Aid at Work or First Aid Certificate and Fire Marshall trained
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal
If you are interested in the role please call or email Isabelle on 02039170690 or