Job Type - Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Industry - Maintenance
Location - West London
Salary - £52,000 per annum
Daniel Owen are currently recruiting on behalf of a large property services maintenance company. Our client is looking for an experienced Facilities Manager to join their team based in West London.
This is a permanent position and a driving licence is required.
Daily responsibilities for the successful Manager will include:
- To lead and work effectively as part of the management team, delivering corporate objectives through the work of the new civic programme and the Building Management Team.
- To work flexibly across the service area with other teams and with partners to achieve the objectives of the Council.
- To lead and work with key stakeholders including elected members, residents, external partners and contractors in improving service performance and delivery and promoting creative and innovative ways of working to improve efficiency and secure value for money.
- To promote a philosophy of putting customer needs first at every opportunity and to put in place management arrangements to action this.
- To participate in the Council's emergency planning and responses to emergency situations when required to do so.
- To assist in the conduct of elections when required to do so.
- To ensure the effective delivery of both the Hard and Soft Facility Management Services and AV to industry standards and in line with the design of the new building and the needs of building users.
- To lead and manage onsite FM resources and direct sub-contractors in line with the Council operational plans and policies and manage budgets in accordance with financial regulations.
- To deliver effective day to day management to identify and resolve any operational issues that may affect and impact on the building users and plan appropriate actions.
- To ensure that safeguarding, health, safety, environmental, hygiene and other legislative requirements are in place, up to date and comply with Statutory, Council and contractual requirements at all times.
- To provide professional advice to Councillors and other officers on relevant areas of service delivery, ensuring high standards of probity and compliance with Council policies and processes, standing orders, financial regulations and the law.
- To lead, manage, motivate and develop staff from all disciplines to ensure that high levels of individual and team performance are achieved.
- To maintain and enhance the Council's reputation for quality by ensuring that high standards in all services are achieved and maintained.
- To take steps to remedy any issues which are highlighted and share good practice across the contract.
- The role involves covering management of the building during operational and out of hours' services.
Requirements for the role:
- Proven FM (Hard/Soft) operational management experience in similar environment/s which involved P&L responsibilities and management of direct labour and sub-contract teams
- Sub-contractor and supply chain management and partnership working.
- Experience of reviewing, developing and implementing new systems and processes
- Health and Safety Qualification (CITB SMSTS/IOSH/NEBOSH): Compliance with Safe working practises (L8 and Asbestos awareness/management).
- Hard or Soft Technical Qualification within the FM industry
- Extensive CAFM operations and management experience
- Extensive BMS operations and management experience
- CCTV/Access Control operations and management experience
- Value Procurement
Our client is offering a permanent position within a well-established local authority