I am actively recruiting a Financial Controller on behalf of one of my established clients for their Student Accommodation business across the UK. You will be part of a large team where you will be looking after one of our many businesses.
Your main duties have been listed below.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organisational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
Desired Qualifications: The controller candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation.
The successful candidate will have ACCA, CIMA or CA Qualifications. It is important to have ability to effectively manage and motivate a team. A proven ability to positively communicate with colleagues, customers and suppliers in order to form and maintain good working relationships is essential.
If you are interested in applying for this position,please submit your CV or get in touch on 02072480000.