Daniel Owen Ltd have an opportunity for a Finance Assistant to join our Reading based Finance Team operating within the construction recruitment market. This is an ideal opportunity for someone wishing to kick start their career in finance whilst working within a small but busy payroll and credit control team. Our office is located in central Reading with free parking on site.
The Finance Assistant role will provide the opportunity to gain experience and become an integral part in supporting our payroll and credit control team including:
- Following credit control procedures, including processing account forms and setting up new accounts on internal systems, credit checking new clients
- Produce and send invoices for payment, either by post or email
- Administration and maintenance of the sales ledger to reduce aged debt
- Chasing overdue accounts and escalating where required
- Checking and processing timesheets for our temp payroll
- Ensuring the payroll is correct before processing
- Assisting the payroll team with general payroll queries
We are looking for candidates who have strong administrative skills, excellent attention to detail and be logical, numerate and computer literate in Excel and Outlook. Previous experience is not required as full training will be given and the opportunity to study an accounts qualification through an apprenticeship.
You will enjoy working as part of a small team, have a calm and confident telephone manner and proven ability to manage and prioritise your workload in a deadline driven environment.
Daniel Owen Ltd is a recruitment business, operating on a nationwide basis, supplying temporary, long term and permanent staffing solutions to the construction, maintenance, rail, engineering, and commercial property sectors. We are a family-owned business, established over 35 years ago and currently operating with eleven offices throughout the country.
23 days annual leave plus bank holidays, additional day off for birthday, access to a wide range of retailer and gym discounts, regular Company events and trips.