Working with a leading developer of high quality homes for private sale, rent, shared ownership and affordable rent as well as a social enterprise providing housing, care and support. The post holder needs to be passionate about making a difference and will follow the vision and values of the organisation.
The rent accounting team processes rent debits for all its subsidiaries, maintains transactions within Universal Housing and post journals to the Sun Accounts ledgers. They also reconcile rent control, bank and other control accounts, and manage the administration of the organisation's Direct Debits.
The ideal candidate will be expected to forge good relationships with internal business areas and other external partners, and develop a business partnership service within the company. You will have strong leadership skills and be part of a team who are motivational and are business facing.
- Lead, motivate and manage the rent accounting team, ensuring objectives and aims are clear and all targets are specific, achievable, well communicated and monitored.
- Ensuring all rent adjustments are entered on the ledger accurately and timely.
- Ensuring all rent receipts are entered on ledger.
- Ensuring processing of all period charges on ledger.
- Respond to internal and external queries on rent payments and receipts.
- Banking of all cheque payments relating to rents is made in a timely manner.
- Production of rent ledger reports and monitors in conjunction with Head of Services
- Regularly review and control the Group rent suspense account, liaising with other staff to resolve problems and queries.
IT skills (word, excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Ability to interrogate, extract data and analyse/reconcile. (Using vlookups and pivots)
- Experience of leading a team
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Have an ability to deal with external auditors and staff at management level
- Needs to be very organised with the ability to plan & prioritise work against challenging period end timetables and immovable deadlines of the finance department
- Ability to design cross checks to ensure data integrity
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial and statistical information
- Ability to challenge and validate transactional detail
- To lead on rent finance specific projects, involving Finance and non-Finance staff where necessary as the project progresses
- Ability to use own initiative and judgement and be self-motivated