Are you an experienced General Foreman?
Looking for a move?
How does a long term job in Edinburgh with a forward thinking reputable Civil Engineering contractor sound?
Daniel Owen Ltd have an exciting opportunity for Civils General Foremen to join this successful contractor on a permanent basis. Groundworks experience preferential. The role is based in Edinburgh.
This is a massive opportunity for any ambitious General Foreman, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, vehicle and additional benefits such as accommodation and pension.
- Carries out Independent Inspections of their own section and of others
- Ensures that the workforce / Gangershave sufficient and correct information in terms of specification, workmanship and finish
- Reviews Method Statements and makes improvements as appropriate and plays an active role in Accident / Incident Investigation as required
- Through observation and liaison with the workforce and subcontractors suggests / recommends improvement areas
- Ensures plant is adequate for the task prior to being used
- Monitors the performance of plant operators and appointed persons. Identifies training needs as required
- Assists in the production of a budget / resourced programme and monitors / reviews actual resources expended
- Involved in the procurement of subcontractors
- Plays an active role in weekly cost meetings and recommends improvement areas
Experience and Qualifications:
- Understands the relevant Business Management System and implements systems and processes (e.g. ordering plant, recruiting labour, disciplinary procedures)
- Understanding of construction tolerances
- Understands ACP
Health Safety & Environmental
- Understands the basic Company Protocols with regard to Accidents and Incidents investigations
- Able to take off and schedule material quantities accurately
- Experience of monitoring TM switches, concrete pour dates etc.
- Understands the specific terms, conditions and outputs of relevant subcontractors and suppliers
- Understands material wastage allowances
- Experience of monitoring project scope and preventing creep
As an Equal Opportunities organisation Daniel Owen Ltd can guarantee that all applicants will receive equal treatment within our application and selection process.
To hear more then give Paul Logan of Daniel Owen Ltd a call on 07879115075 or alternatively send an up to date CV or your number and I can call you.
Daniel Owen Ltd values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.