I am proud to be working alongside a local authority in the South Tyneside area to appoint a Green Space Team Leader into their team. The post is initially for six months to aid the organisation in an interim period of change and restructure but the client has stated there will be an opportunity for the right candidate to join on a permanent basis at the end of this period if there is scope to do so.
The Green Space Team Leader will report to the Building and Compliance manager and will be directly responsible for:
- Grounds maintenance
- Ecology and protected species
- Management of sport and play facilities
- Beach, foreshore and open water services
This will include being responsible for all contract issues relevant to the above.
Overall, the client is looking for somebody who can provide effective leadership and supervision to the Green Space team. Within daily duties, the post holder will adhere to all current legislation surrounding Enviornmental issues.
Day to day duties can include but are not limited to:
- Leading the team ensuring individuals develop their skills effectively to suit the motivations of the team
- Reviewing performance
- Monitor and managing team workload
- Managing external contracts including working with the internal procurement team to source approriate contractors
- Advising Elected Members and officers on current standards and legislation and representing the organisation with central government
- Managing budgets
- Ensuring all projects are delivered on time
- Duptise for senior managerment where appropriate
- Liaise with other Heads of Service where appropriate
My client is looking to interview next week (w/c 17th February) so if you are interested in this position please call the office ASAP on 0191 814 1360 to express your interest in.