Health and Safety Advisor
Permanent position (£35k-£40k)
Daniel Owen are currently recruiting for an experienced Health and Safety Advisor working for and alongside a local authority in the London area.
They are looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to come on board and working closely with the senior management team to review and develop all aspects of health and safety activity across the whole company.
Duties and Experience needed:
- Must understand all Health and Safety rules and regulations including compliance and management systems (
- Liaising with colleagues and other Head of Departments on a daily basis.
- Reporting into the SHEQ Manager.
- Ability to negotiate issues and plan, prioritise and organise workload
- MUST have contractor, local authority, or social housing background
- To develop, implement and monitor SHEQ policies, management procedures, systems and guidance across a range of safety critical and statutory areas both departmentally and corporately as required.
- Support the SHEQ Manager in ensuring the management systems comply to ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001
- To manage health and safety related communication and information sharing functions with key professional stakeholders including:
- Health and Safety professionals within the Council.
- Internal / external auditors.
- Emergency Planning and Business Continuity Officers
- Risk management Officers
If this sounds like a role that suits your profile, then feel free to get in touch.