My client is is one of the UK's leading providers of flexible office space and they are currently looking for a Health and Safety Manager based in London with extensive UK travel.
Permanent role - Monday to Friday
· Facilitating the delivery of Health, Safety and Compliance Policies, including planning, organisation, control, monitoring and review.
· Chair the Health and Safety Steering Group.
· Provide expert assistance and advice to the business relating to health and safety legislations, regulations and approved codes of practice.
· Ensures that building and site Health and Safety Risk Assessments, Fire Risk Assessments and Legionella Risk Assessments are carried out at the correct frequency and on time at all buildings and sites.
· Ensure that the Asbestos Register is maintained correctly at all buildings and sites where appropriate.
· Ensure the establishment of procedures at the planning and assessment stage are complied with to avoid unsafe working conditions.
· Be aware of the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and other current legislation and ensure that they are observed.
· Ensure that arrangements are in place for long-term health and safety plans.
· Monitor and ensure that staff receive adequate and appropriate training, information and supervision.
· Ensure that all new employees receive induction training and further training as required.
· Ensure that all employees receive health and safety refresher training and that it is completed in a timely manner.
· Ensure that sound and safe working practice is regularly observed / monitored.
· Ensure that the Company's fire and first aid arrangements meet with the required standard and that all employees under the Company's control are aware of the necessary arrangements and are appropriately trained.
· Ensure that all accidents are recorded and reported by the appropriate means.
· Immediately report serious health and safety concerns to the Operations Director or Head of Operations.
· Report any enforcement visits, communications or enforcement notices from any enforcing body to the Exec Team.
· Ensure that Personal Protective Equipment is available as required for employees and suitable for its intended purpose.
· Ensure that risk assessments are completed in accordance with the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 and the information is conveyed to all employees.
· Ensure that other risk assessments are carried out for staff, including Display Screen Equipment, Manual Handling Operations, the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health, Personal Protective Equipment, Pregnant Workers, Nursing Mothers, Lone Workers and any Young Persons. Also ensure that employees are provided with adequate information, instruction and training regarding such matters.
· Ensure that all staff have been provided with the appropriate work equipment in order to undertake their work in safe manner.
· Ensure updated inventory of all work equipment etc. are in place.
· Ensure that the correct records of inspection and maintenance are maintained by Managers.
· Attend safety co-ordination and employee consultation meetings as required
· Ensure that any changes in legislation are brought to the attention of all concerned.
· Continually improve health, safety and compliance knowledge.
· Educated to Degree standard or equivalent
· IBOSH, NEBOSH or equivalent qualification
· Previous H&S Management Experience
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Strong decision making, action planning, and prioritisation skills
· Ability to work with a team
· Computer Literate
· Ability to demonstrate exceptional organisation and planning skills
· Multi-site experience preferred