My client is a 5* Serviced Office company based in London. They are looking for a Health, Safety and Compliance Manager who has exceptional Customer Service experience.
My client is a fast expanding business which prides itself on providing a 5-star service to its clients. Keeping track of the latest legislation and ensuring staff and clients are working within a safe and compliant environment is a crucial deliverable and this role will play a major role in setting and policing policy.
You will have significant experience of managing safety and compliance within a demanding environment where employee and client well-being is essential. This role will work with all Managers to promote, support and establish a positive safety culture.
As a key team member, you will be responsible for ensuring portfolio meets with all current compliance and safety legislation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Review, develop and implement all aspects of health and safety policy and activity
- Monitor, evaluate and review existing, new and upcoming Health and Safety legislation
- Undertake investigations into any accidents which may occur within the contract region.
- Identify and present business case proposals for projects and initiatives related to health and safety/compliance.
- Be available on call to respond within a specified time period to any accidents, near misses which may occur within the business
- Liaise with the Property Services and Operations Team, to ensure consistency of approach to Health and Safety across the business.
- Vetting, selection of suppliers and specialist subcontractors.
- Communicating clearly with all stakeholders and produce regular activity reports detailing among other things incidents and near misses.
- Creating Tool Box talks and coaching team to deliver them.
- Providing at 'Point of Work' method statements.
- Helping put standard systems and processes in place and striving towards ISO accreditation.
- Audit site log books and compliance documentation to ensure that all records are up to date and correct. Identify any gaps in compliance and produce action plans to resolve these in a timely manner.
- Regularly update and review the company risk register to ensure that all risk items are correctly identified and being addressed in order of priority.
Risk Assessment and Audits
- Advising on all aspects of Health, Safety and Welfare across the business.
- Undertake all forms of risk assessments as and when required within the business.
- Client liaison and completion of health and safety / statutory compliance audits.
- Conducting internal audits and assisting with any external audits as and when required.
- Follow up and where possible complete all actions or improvements resulting from the above risk assessments.
- Follow up and where possible ensure that all actions / non-compliances resulting from the audit are completed.
- Co-ordinating annual improvement plans.
Training and Development
- Design and deliver training sessions on key areas of company activities in relation to Health and Safety ad support the delivery of other training programmes, e.g. induction sessions, individual sessions with General Managers.
- Work closely with the Human Resources and General Managers with all training requirements
- Ensure all internal staff are adequately trained in respect of health and safety legislations and regulations
- Develop and deliver health and safety training to any areas identified within the business
- Keeping all necessary records, which demonstrate that the company are fully compliant.
- Prepare and present reports as and when required
- NEBOSH Accreditation (Minimum NEBOSH Certificate Preferably Diploma)
Essential Key Competencies
- Minimum 5+ years' experience of managing safety & legislation within the offices sector or corporate sector
- Strong ability to quickly grasp and understand business unit specific H&S risks and provide recommendations for appropriate solutions to mitigate those risks
- A clear understanding of the latest safety & compliance legislation obligations
- Experience in customer service from a 5 Star environment
- Lead by example
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and deal with a fast-changing work environment
- Experience of working within a diverse team and portfolio
- Strong audit skills
- Ability to conduct due diligence surveys as part of a sale or disposal process
- Strong safety related experience in managing PPM and projects
- Quality assurance experience, both creating and helping keep the accreditation
- Ability to work in flexible working hours when required
- Ability to produce professional and regular progress reports including accident, near miss and any other associated safety and maintenance trend statistics
- Ability to react rationally and calmly under pressure
- Competent literacy essential e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- High level of creativity, energy and resolve.
Please call NOW if you have the right skillset and fit - 0203 370 0846