Daniel Owen are a recruitment company that specialise in placing people within the construction, engineering, rail & maintenance industries. We are currently recruiting on behalf of a large nationwide construction company that specialises in commercial projects.
We are currently recruiting on behalf of our client for a Heavy Plant & Commercial Fitter.
The Heavy Plant & Commercial Fitter position is a vital element in the business. Your contribution ensures that the sites can operate smoothly with operational and serviced equipment and transport.
As Heavy Plant & Commercial Fitter you are responsible for all matters relating to the upkeep and maintenance of all company plant, company vehicles and small tools.
As Heavy Plant & Commercial Fitter you will be responsible for regular servicing and inspection responding to breakdowns diagnosing faults ensuring prompt repair and maintenance of plant & vehicle fleet and small tools.
- Carrying out repairs on defects reported on the defect sheets on a timely basis
- Diagnosing plant and mechanical faults.
- Respond to any breakdown and defects including out of hours if required
- Controlling and carrying out the service of plant and vehicles as required
- Maintaining records of repairs and servicing carried out to equipment
- Ensuring MOT's are kept up to date and vehicles prepared in advance
- Assist in sourcing parts and services as required.
- Ensuring these are priced at time of order, passing orders through to office for raising of official purchase order
- Ensuring stocks of consumables eg grease, oils are replenished as required
- Passing delivery tickets and necessary paperwork to the accounts department as received
- Ensuring the workshop, yard and office are kept clean and tidy
- Being provided with a company vehicle you should ensure the vehicle handbook is followed.
If you feel you would be well-suited for this position please apply with your CV, or contact Alex White for more information 01189521053