The Daniel Owen Rail Team are looking to speak with individuals that would be suitable in undertaking a Helpdesk Coordinator role within Transport.
The suitable candidate will meet the below criteria.
- In conjunction with stakeholders and other managers, implement the strategy and annual plans for your business area.
- Responsible for the effective operational day to day delivery of the helpdesk service to the LNER contract.
- Responsible for the planning and scheduling of planned service requirements including (but not limited to) Deep Cleaners, Tankering, Material and Supplies.
- Responsible for the planning schedule and delivery of reactive service requirement (But not limited to) routine cleaning, specialist cleaning to client assets and locations within scope of contract.
- Day to Day delivery of a centralised reporting serivce for administrative reporting.
- Deliver the helpdesk service in line with KPIs, SLAs and other metrics.
- Provide follow ups and closeout of requests made to the helpdesk.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven track record working on a helpdesk or in a customer services call centre.
- Experience in delivering the standard for safety, quality, time and cost.
- Customer-service focused approach, operating in an environment that requires diplomacy and tact.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to operate and build credibility at all levels and with key stakeholders
- Good IT skills including the use of MS office.
- Must be flexible to the business needs.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Supportive working culture and future progression opportunities.
- Mobile, Legal and retail discounts
- Cycle 2 Work Scheme.
If you are interested in joining a forward thinking business that encourages professional development and career progression, click apply and send across your CV.
Due to COVID-19, all interviews and meetings will be completed virtually or by following current government guidelines.
Please be aware, we are working with a number of clients that have a variety of positions. To discuss more, please apply.