The successful Housing Manager will also ensure compliance with legislation and to meet targets and objectives in housing demand set by the Local Authority.
- Responsible for interpreting legislation, codes of practice and guidance. Review and develop working practices and policies in light of legislative changes etc, to meet requirements
- Responsible for development and delivery of the Council's Homelessness strategy, including delivery of Assistance and advice programmes, to achieve strategic objectives, safe and affordable housing sustainability, and to maximise public and private investment in the Housing stock
- Responsible for capital and revenue budget management for locality team activity, including the joint responsibility for a capital programme of around £3M and revenue budget of £1.5M. Responsible for monitoring and providing management information to Head of Service, Senior Management and Members
- Responsible for a Housing Solutions for the Council, providing guidance, advice and support to senior managers and team, including preparation of reports and attendance at committees, tribunals and corporate groups as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Housing Management Experience
- Experience in preparing management and technical reports relating to Housing Needs/Demand or related Housing issues
- Knowledge of Homelessness Reduction Act 2017
- Knowledge of Housing Act 96
- Degree or higher such as MSc, HNC Building Studies
- Experience of a leadership role in a LA context of Housing Needs or related Housing service
- Financial awareness and experience of budget setting processes
- Experience of market research/data collection and statistical analysis.
This role requires a valid UK driving licence, and Basic DBS valid within 12 months.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases