I am proud to be representing an established Housing Association on their search to find a Housing Officer to join their team in the South.
They are looking to appoint a candidate with an abundance of experience within the Social Housing sector and who is motivated and hard working to reflect their key core values and mission statement. As a social housing provider, my client works closely with local authorities, property developers and care developers. Therefore, they are looking for a candidate who can share their passion and commitment to providing and maintaining the happiness of their tenants.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Managing portfolios of properties and tenancies
- Ensuring the referral processes are fair when undertaking interviews
- Efficient management of void properties and ensuring quick re-lets
- Ensure that accommodation and furnishings are available for new lets
- Tenancy agreements
- Fire safety knowledge and practice
- Periodic safety checks and surveys of properties
- Arranging any adaptations needed to properties to fit the needs of the tenant
- Monitoring arrears
- Resolving incidents of Anti-Social Behaviour quickly and efficiently
- Establishing good relationships with the local community, care providers and other related stakeholders
- Terminating tenancies appropriately where needed
- Assisting tenants with arbitration, appeals and tribunals
The above duties should be able to be carried out to an excellent standard without direct supervision. The client is looking for somebody who can establish a visible presence in the South East London area and represent the business in a suitable manner.
The client is looking to interview interested candidates as soon as possible.
The right individual will be offered the opportunity to work alongside and throughout different levels within the business. In turn, they are also looking to offer a competitive basic salary, alongside company vehicle, laptop and mobile. Holiday entitlement is 25 days annual leave, increasing one day each year to a maximum of 30 days annual leave.
The role will be based from home.
Please call the office to express your interest on 0191 814 1360 or apply within.