I am currently looking for several Housing Support Officers to join a local authority.
They currently have two full time vacancies and one part time vacancies. Please specify which rota you would be interested in when you call the office.
The daily duties of this role will include:
1. To provide practical and emotional support to vulnerable customers, assisting with issues around finances, health, housing, life skills, personal safety, legal issues, substance misuse, children, employment, training and education.
2. To undertake practical support with young people to reduce the risk of homelessness and promote sustainable independent living.
3. To use effective risk assessment tools to identify risks and undertake appropriate actions.
4. To develop effective individual support packages by completing needs assessments, support plans and support reviews.
5. To work within a multi agency framework, communicating effectively with colleagues, other professionals and clients ensuring that there is a co-ordinated response to support. This may include attending TAF's, Core Groups, Conferences and Strategy Meetings and writing any required reports, signposting to more specialist agencies where appropriate.
6. To adhere to performance and monitoring requirements, complying with systems in place to monitor data and outcomes. This will include completing support paperwork to a high standard.
7. Adhere to both service and Council policies and procedures regarding working practices and service delivery. This will include; Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults, Health and Safety, Data Protection/Confidentiality and our Code of Conduct.
8. To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues.
9. Any such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
Candidates should have a relevant professional qualification in this sector. They should also hold a full UK driving licence as driving will be part of this role.
Please call the office on 0191 814 1360 to express your interest and find out more about the role.