Responsible for HR and payroll, working closely with senior managers to develop and implement effective people strategies. Reviewing, developing and implementing policies and procedures, which support the overall vision of the Company to provide a competitive advantage. Lead, creating and implementing effective change management strategies to improve engagement and collaboration.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the day-to-day Human Resources administration and co-ordination of activities to include new starters, employment, compensation and benefits, employee relations, recruitment and selection.
- Liaise with payroll and HR support department.
- Provide guidance to managers and senior managers on ER cases (disciplinary, redundancy, grievance handling).
- Provide monthly HR reports, headcount reports and absence reporting.
- Prioritise workload to ensure an effective administration service for the Company.
- Deal with telephone and written queries and ensure that routine administration such as post duties, correspondence, taking messages and photocopying are kept up to date.
- Maintain personnel files - ensure filing is action-ed accurately and regularly and data protection is maintained.
- Produce ad hoc Management reports and information as an when required.
- Work closely with departments, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures.
- Ensure HR systems are accurate and updated regularly.
- Ensure HR quality assurance standards are adhered to and maintained.
- Make recommendations to improve HR services.
- Assist Managers in identifying training requirements.
- Arrange all training activities.
- Develop and deliver in house training as required i.e. induction programme.
- Proactively support personal development by attending relevant internal/external training, reading and any other development activity as and when required.
- Ensure HR consistency, fairness and parity across the Company.
- Adhere to working instructions and Company Policies and Procedures at all times.
- Develop and maintain relationships across the Company.
- Set a good example to others by working safely.
- Adopt a positive and proactive attitude, cooperate and assist the company in all aspects of Health, Safety and Environment.
- Other duties as assigned. The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
- Responsibility for all HR/payroll transactional activities, requirements and initiatives to a high standard, managing compliance and maintain all company records, with relevant UK law and internal procedures.
- Proactively support managers with talent, succession, development, engagement and resource management.
- Assist with recruitment, development and coaching of senior leaders.
- Advise effective performance management, compensation & benefits and pay reviews.
- Effectively work cross functionally to create implementation plans with financial, human resource and process considerations for maximum improvements and efficiency's.