HVAC Authorised Person Required
Job Type: Permanent
Start date: Immediate (notice period)
Salary: GBP £35,000 (negotiable dependant on experience)
HVAC Authorised Person required for a Facilities Management company to cover planned and preventative maintenance, lifecycle and capital projects works. Our client is looking for a HVAC Authorised Person to join the team on a static site in Manchester. As HVAC AP, you will report to the Lead HVAC Manager.
This role will be 37.5 hours a week 8am - 4pm (flexible working hours), Monday-Friday. Overtime and On call available.
Daily responsibilities will include:
- Reports to the HVAC & BMS Manager (Lead HVAC Authorized Person), delivering compliance
- Deputize for the HVAC & BMS Manager as and when required.
- Contributes to the production and delivery of a compliant and efficient Annual Schedule of Programmed Maintenance Plan (ASoPM).
- Assures the efficient Service Delivery and Compliance of the ASoPM
- Management and compliance delivery and reporting of Internal Competent Persons and HVAC Subcontractors competence and performance.
- Production and Delivery of technical reports to the HVAC & BMS Manager in an efficient and timely manner.
- Contributes to the HVAC & BMS Risk Register, Risk Mitigations and Risk Controls.
- Planned Safe Systems of Works Switching, Disconnection and Reconnection of the entire HVAC infrastructure.
- Organize and execute HVAC Isolations with Clinical Users, point of work assessments and issue of safety documentation on the HVAC assets in collaboration with the Clinical Users.
- Issuing HVAC & BMS safety documentation where necessary, including Standing Instructions, Permits to Work and Sanctions to Work.
- Liaise with the Authorizing Engineer to assure all compliance is delivered.
- Assures the HVAC & BMS infrastructure operates as designed and commissioned, and where not takes steps to assure the vulnerability of the system is controlled.
- Contributes to closing or mitigating actions from Safety Working Groups, Site Planning Groups.
- Responsible for the fact-based closure of the AE Annual Actions, and Internal Audit actions.
- Scheduled checks and maintenance actions on the HVAC Infrastructure and Associated Components.
- Managing contract works where necessary and providing reports
- HVAC Testing and Commissioning activities - witness/reviewing/advising of the tests meet with the original validation or design characteristics.
Requirements for the role
- Authorized Person training certified and in date.
- Excellent working knowledge of Safe Systems of Work related to HVAC & BMS systems and general construction
- Ability to identify problems, understand key issues and investigate alternatives
- Experience with Design and Build projects
- Knowledge of Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, and COSHH.
- Trained and competent at safe isolations and verifications
- ONC/HNC or similar qualification in a Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- Self-motivated and confident
- Good communication skills
- A good decision maker who copes well under pressure
- Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) and Building Information Model (BIM) Experience.
On offer is a competitive salary of £35,000 per year as well as additional benefits and opportunities for progression. Overtime and On call also available. If interested or want to hear more, please send your CV or call 0161 886 9670
Key terms: HVAC, Authorised Person, Manchester, BMS, North West, Construction, Maintenance