Job Title - Junior Project Manager
Salary - £25k-£30k
Location - Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Our client are an established property development business that has been running for 12 years.
They are looking to recruit a Junior Project Manager as an addition to the existing team to deliver an increasing number of construction projects. You could be helping managing anywhere from 1 to 5 projects at one time with values being typically £200k to £2m in value, so we're looking for someone able to help manage a high volume of varied work concurrently, with the ability to help deliver their projects on time and within budget consistently.
The role is mostly office based with regular travel to construction sites.
The main responsibilities in this role are to:
- Helping to ensure that key objectives are achieved
- Assist the project team with planning and delivery of ongoing projects
- Assist in ensuring Safety Management Systems are in place along with the quality and environmental management systems
- Arrange and chair internal pre-start/estimating handover meetings
- Prepare internal and external progress reports
- Arrange external pre-contract meetings with client and other key stakeholders
- Respond to all incoming documents directly and copy information to other interested parties as necessary
- Establish safe and proper working practices and ensure their implementation
You will need:
- Demonstrable experience of Construction Project Management principles
- Relevant Construction Management Degree or vocational equivalent
- Ideally a background in client-side Project Management or Construction Consultancy
- At least 1-2 years' experience in a Project Support or Project Management role
The role offers the rights candidate the opportunity to join a friendly, fast-growing and fast-paced business with opportunities for further growth and development.
If this role is of interest to you then please apply directly or feel free to call me on 020 7248 0000.