Job Title - Junior Quantity Surveyor
Location - Croydon
Salary - £30k-£35k
Our client is looking for a dynamic Junior Quantity Surveyor to join their company. They are looking for an individual who is hungry to succeed with a good ability to manage clients and develop work.
Their office is based in Croydon; however, construction projects are based in London and the surrounding areas.
Our client works on electrical and mechanical projects, making this a great opportunity for someone with the required skill set.
Reporting to and working closely with the Senior Quantity Surveyor, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following;
- Prepare and dispatch tender packages to subcontractors
- Set up job files and all necessary records
- Collate subcontractor tenders and in consultation with the Contracts Manager, award subcontracts
- In conjunction with the Senior Quantity Surveyor, check and approve subcontractor claims for payment
- Liaise with subcontractors to resolve queries
- Assess and cost variations to contract
- Update and maintain records
- Assist with contract valuations
- Assist with monthly cost/value reconciliations
- In conjunction with the Senior Project Surveyor, submit and agree final accounts
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- BSc in Quantity Surveying, or in the process of obtaining this
- Have a minimum 2 years demonstrated commercial UK experience
- Have excellent communication skills
- Must be computer literate
- Experience in working on either electrical or mechanical projects
If this role is of interest to you then please apply directly or feel free to call Megan Spice on 020 7248 0000.