Experienced Landscape Contracts Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
Industry: Building & Construction
Location: Cheslyn Hay
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced individual with excellent commercial awareness and organisational skills to join a successful and well-established Landscaping and Civil Engineering company.
Managing a wide range of soft and hard landscaping projects, the successful candidate will have demonstrable experience of the landscaping industry leading large value projects and delivering profitable quality projects to schedule. Leadership skills in managing teams and client relationships along with safety conformance and financial performance are a necessity.
The company was founded in 1963, since when it has developed to become one of the UK's leading experts in the construction, maintenance and environment of living landscapes. They've set themselves sustainable development goals which they achieve through the support of their staff, partner companies, communities, professional associations and social value charters. Their work encompasses commercial & development landscaping supported by their maintenance and recycling divisions. They are a founder member of the British Association of Landscape Industries (BALI) as well as holding memberships and accreditations with key industry bodies.
The successful candidate will be part of a small management team seeking to grow this family friendly business by building on existing and new customer business. Opportunities for progression within the business are significant.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working on new and existing commercial projects the Contracts Manager will work closely with the Landscape Director and management team to ensure projects are run safely, efficiently, profitably and professionally.
- Working to an agreed business plan, delivering projects on time and to an agreed budget
- Reporting and monitoring contracts through work programming schedules utilising IT systems
- Pro activeness and commitment to excellent client service
- Managing teams and supporting training, development and performance targets
- Responsible for the staffing and sub-contractor management of projects
- Working with the Estimating and Procurement team to ensure cost effective delivery
- Working with the Management Team to develop relationships and seek new business opportunities
- Work collaboratively with the Business Development team in the preparation of tenders
- Meeting the requirements of the Health & Safety, Quality and Environment management systems.
- Experience in a similar Contract Management role
- Ability to work on diverse and exciting range of projects
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams and offer complete solutions
- Excellent Communication skills
- Team management skills
- Experience of IT systems and various packages
- A proactive individual capable of driving performance within the business
- Self-motivated with a high level of enthusiasm and innovation
- Ability to work as part of a team throughout the business
- An approachable personality with the ability to motivate, support and develop teams
- Strong leadership and relationship building skills
- Ability to work respectfully, efficiently, focused and in an organised manner
Requirements and qualifications:
* Driving Licence Clean
We can offer:
Competitive salary to match experience
25 days holiday plus statutory days
Company car/car allowance
Discounts through our associated businesses
Opportunities for career development throughout