4 Week Rolling Contract (Reviewed Monthly)
Full Time, Monday to Friday
As the Maintenance Lead you will be responsible for the management and maintenance of the buildings, facilities, plant, and fabric of the school.
Your main responsibility will be to ensure the safety and security of all staff and pupils, and to contribute proactively to Asset Management Planning and management of the premises, premise improvements and capital projects.
- Lead and manage the Caretaker and Maintenance Engineer, the grounds and maintenance team
- Ensure The school is compliant across all aspects of Health and Safety regulations and legislation.
- Oversee the maintenance team ensuring they are deployed efficiently to meet the schools needs and that their work is of appropriate quality.
- Monitor, record and review the work undertaken by the department on an ongoing basis.
- Deliver the preventative maintenance plan and ensure that both pro-active and reactive maintenance is completed efficiently, to a high standard and quality.
- Lead on procurement strategy, ensuring the appropriate placing and monitoring of service and contractor contracts.
- Lead on refurbishment and upgrade projects ensuring required standards are met, value for money and customer satisfaction
- Review implement and track energy-saving initiatives to lower costs and reduce our carbon footprint.
- Prepare the annual maintenance budget, ensuring that expenditure is maintained within the approved budget.
- Ensure that the maintenance team have all relevant training including but not limited to Health and Safety training and recorded as and when required.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Excellent understanding of Health and Safety
- Extensive experience of implementing preventative and cyclical maintenance programmes
- Competent and compliant in all aspects of Health and Safety
- Have previous experience working as a Line Manager/ Supervisor
- Experience of contract negotiation and budget management
- Experience of refurbishment, upgrade and new build projects