Daniel Owen are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Operative (Painter and Decorator bias) on behalf of a charity based Facilities Management group based around West and East London.
You NEED to be competent in general maintenance types jobs in example trades of Painting, Carpentry, Ground works, Electrical, Drainage, etc.
Location: MOBILE around Ealing, Walthamstow, East London etc and required to travel to other sites when required.
Hours: 40 hours per week, including evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
Salary: £25,000 to £26,000 per annum
- To complete effective repairs and maintenance, ensuring H&S and compliance is adhered to.
- To be competent in general maintenance types jobs in example trades of Painting, Carpentry, Ground works, Electrical, Drainage, etc.
- Ensure compliance and statutory obligations are met through the correct service delivery when carrying out works orders on servicing, repairs, estates and planned work.
- Carry out high quality repairs and maintenance, ensuring the correct logging of arrival times, parts and materials used are captured.
- To have effective communications skills when dealing with customers, staff and external contractors.
- Delivery of cyclical servicing programmes/repairs, ensuring economies of scale and value for money across the East London area is maximised and contracts are delivered collaboratively with contractors, colleagues and partners in order to ensure they are delivered within targets, budget and to agreed quality standards.
- To work with highly competent and engaged team, which delivers a broad range of services. Maximise the contribution of this team and others through collaborative working and training.
- To manage internal and external relationships including consultants, contractors, statutory authorities and other public bodies through which we deliver services, in order to drive H&S culture across the team and its partners
- To be responsible for property and building safety management within the clients East London portfolio.
- To identify risk to property and compliance and report back via correct channels and process.
- To work with the team and others involved in the management of the buildings in order to manage building safety risks appropriately.
- To manage buildings in accordance with the safety case report and the Building Assurance Certificate.
- To work collaboratively with the team to promote and deliver robust building management in line with building a safer future legislation.
- To deliver an effective and efficient property management service.
- To attend relevant training to help you either; be complaint, improve own technical skills and or other appropriate training that the business recognises:
Key initial objectives for the Maintenance Operative are:
- To ensure operational delivery of continued 100% Health and Safety compliance alongside good risk management as the lift out of lockdown takes place.
- To agree the approach with the Property Manager in responding to the upcoming Building and Fire Safety bills.
- To embed harmonisation across the East London sites for the in house provision of maintenance.
- To set a culture of continuous improvement in delivering first class repairs, maintenance and void service to our internal and external customers
- To provide an effective repairs and maintenance service for all property and estates within the property portfolio
This role may be required to work unsocial hours (early mornings and late evenings) and the occasional weekend. This role may also be required to deputise for the Director of Property and Places as required.
If you are interested, or would like to discuss the position further, please contact the Daniel Owen Facilities Management team today.