Role: Materials Buyer
Location: South-East London
Salary: £30k - £40k
We are currently on the lookout for a Materials Buyer on behalf of a rapidly growing Groundworks and RC Frames contractor, who are searching for a new addition to their pre-construction team due to an ever increasing workload. This is the perfect opportunity for a Materials Buyer with a good knowledge of Groundworks and RC frames materials, who is looking to exercise this knowledge to achieve best value at every given opportunity. Our client is looking for an individual who wants to grow with the company and there is a real opportunity for career development within the company.
- Procurement of plant and materials and placing orders ensuring delivery to site in accordance with: Standard company operating procedures; Company preferences; Standard conditions of purchase; Cost / profit improvement targets; Required quality and quantity; and Programmed delivery dates.
- Actively contribute to enhancing company profits through achieving best value;
- Attend and participate in Design Team Meetings to drive specifications towards most commercially advantageous solution;
- Produce cost / value reconciliation of purchase orders;
- Provide support to Accounts team to ensure prompt resolution of invoice queries / issues;
- Contribute to the development of improved purchasing processes and procedures;
- Participate and contribute to regular group purchasing meetings and forums to communicate developments, share good practice and up skill our people.
- Build excellent supplier relations;
- Participate in establishing the group as the industry leader in Supply Chain Management.
- Proven track record buying materials for Groundworks and RC frame projects
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Knowledge of best practice supply chain management tools
- Strong negotiation skills
- Team orientated/promotes teamwork
- Ability to build strong relations internally and externally
- Disciplined in meeting deadlines
- Innovative/finds solutions
If you are interested in the role mentioned above, please do apply directly via the link, or feel free to drop me a line or give me a call directly at or call on 0207 248 0000.