Mechanical Gas Inspector - £42k + Package
Job Type - Permanent
Industry - Housing Association
Location - London
Salary - £42,000
Daniel Owen are currently recruiting on behalf of one of the largest housing associations in the South East. Due to a recent organisation change they are now looking to grow their M&E / Compliance team and so are in need of a Technical Gas Inspector.
The main focus of the role will be to ensure by physical inspection and audit that all plant and equipment within the housing stock is compliant as well as ensure that the contractors deliver a repair and maintenance service.
- Effectively and proactively lead, manage and motivate the team ensuring that there is a culture of high performance, strong engagement and a commitment to continual improvement.
- To recruit, manage and appraise employees thereby ensuring the provision of an effective, efficient and well-motivated team.
- Establish and implement effective working arrangements & practices to ensure a consistent level of service delivery in line with the Peabody business plan.
- Monitor and review the internal and external environment to ensure compliance and best practice are adhered to.
- Prepare, monitor and deliver individual and team targets/budgets.
- Ensure the provision of excellent customer service and experience to all stakeholders to maximise customer satisfaction.
- To lead and promote a positive health and safety culture.
- Apply professional knowledge of mechanical services ensuring they represent high standards of quality
- Carry out technical pre-and post-inspections on mechanical works delivered by the Service Delivery/Development/New Homes teams.
- Maintain accurate written and computerised records, collate and disseminate information
- Check and all mechanical testing, commissioning and servicing certification for suitability and record remedial works for post inspection
- To monitor and report on remedial work completed by external consultants / contractors and proactively manage the key stakeholders relevant to specific works
- To line manage a team of mechanical inspectors, including carrying out regular one to ones and annual appraisals.
- To control all time and costs spent on compliance projects to ensure that these are contained within generally prescribed or separately agreed targets
- Provide asset information of installations including providing supporting evidence and list of any faults found.
- ACS qualification Domestic
- City & Guilds training for legionella control
- Full UK drivers licence and use of vehicle
If this sounds like something of interest then please get in touch and reply with your CV.