I am looking to recruit a Neighbourhood Housing Officer in the North East area.
Successful candidates will be carrying out daily duties including:
- Proactively manage a cross tenure patch of properties, including properties managed on behalf of other landlords, providing customer focused services in line with the company's service standards and values.
- To become the key local contact for tenants, providing appropriate support and early intervention to sustain tenancies and maximise income.
- To work with vulnerable tenants, making appropriate referrals and liaising with partners and services to develop and monitor support plans.
- Carry out a range of visits to ensure tenancies are sustained and properties are kept in good condition.
- To provide customers with appropriate housing advice and where necessary carry out home visits to assist the rehousing process; this includes visits to approve mutual exchanges and registration of transfers.
- To proactively manage and investigate reports of nuisance and ASB to prevent escalation. Take appropriate action in each case, working in partnership with other services and agencies to seek a positive resolution.
- To undertake reviews of fixed term and introductory tenancies.
- To provide a responsive estate management service to ensure a clean, safe and sustainable environment, reporting and tackling environmental issues daily.
- Carry out scheduled inspections to support and compliment the daily identification of issues on estates and communal areas.
- To liaise with customers, other services, councillors and a range of partners, on occasion this will mean working outside of normal working hours.
- To support other company services and where appropriate to contact tenants or gain access to homes to minimise repairing and other costs and maximise income in line with the Company's priorities.
- To promote range of customer involvement opportunities and undertake appropriate consultation exercises around the delivery of housing management services.
- To be responsible for managing priorities and achieving key performance targets in line with the Company's performance indicators and service standards and those agreed at the annual appraisal.
- To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues
- Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
Due to the nature of the role, the client is looking for candidates who have specifically had this sort of experience.
Please call the office on 0191 814 1360 for more information and to express your interest.