The new role of Operations Manager will form an integral part of the small leadership team. The role is key in ensuring daily operational efficiency and then longer term planning & preparation. You will be part of the senior management team, working closely with the Managing Director and the Commercial Director as well as the General Manager of our smaller depot in Scotland.
The Company has ambitions for further strong growth and so this role provides excellent career development potential both within Qdos and the wider Newship Group of Companies.
- Taking full responsibility of Depot and Operational matters
- Planning the workflow in depot, ensuring the depot staff and sub - contractors are on track with planned tasks
- Taking ownership of the hire availability, working closely with the Project Managers and Commercial Team to ensure maximum fleet hire utilization
- To liaise with transport companies to ensure movements are correctly booked and costed
- Planning logistics, site to site moves and in house transport
- Ensuring company Vehicles/ Forklift etc. are full compliant and regularly serviced
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations
- Managing the reactive callout scheduling for team
- Organising out of hours Rota to ensure 24/7/365 cover is in place
- Managing refurb program of hire fleet
- Overseeing purchasing (Stock/Parts)
- Sourcing new suppliers, products, parts etc as needed
- Involvement with the advancement of I.T / planning systems.
- A team player with strong man management skills
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Proven experience in either Construction, logistics or hire industries.
- The desire to be part of a small team and have the drive to push the business forward
- Ability to multi-task different aspects at any one time
- Attention to detail and a champion of quality
- Problem solving and adaptability
- MS Office proficiency
- UK Driving license
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP