I am looking for several Payroll Administrators to join the local authority to help organise payrolls and finances.
They are looking for candidates to start work on Monday 9th until the end of May.
Candidates must have experience working with a busy department, preferably within Housing.
Daily Duties will include but not limited to:
1. Undertake complex payroll checking, coding and calculations and information processing activities in order to ensure accuracy in the payment of employee salaries and the maintenance of financial and operational systems.
2. Respond to all employee and HMRC requests relating to salary queries.
3. Production of correspondence relating to employees probationary and induction periods, maternity leave provisions, mortgage enquiries and other staffing and salary related matters. Monitor and review casual and temporary / fixed term appointments to ensure that minimum statutory and policy requirements are being met.
4. Responsible for the day-to-day administration of pension schemes ensuring that new and existing customer's policies are accurately maintained and serviced.
5. Operate and maintain schedules, records and systems for work areas for which responsible to ensure processes are carried out effectively and efficiently.
6. Respond to non routine and complex enquiries, both oral and/or in writing from a wide range of contacts, using judgement in forming responses so that advice on the area of work dealt with by Payroll is consistently given in accordance with agreed policies and statutory legislation and within defined procedures.
7. Prepare statistical and financial information from systems, and collate and present information for use of senior staff for operational management and policy development purposes.
8. Monitor the operation of processes and advise on improvements in the job holder's specific work area, so as to contribute to the achievement of the Payroll objectives.
9. Ensure that all communication channels (upwards/downwards/lateral) are fully utilised in order to ensure that uncertainty is removed and services are delivered effectively.
10. Instruct and train new staff in order to ensure that they are competent to undertake the required tasks commensurate with the principle responsibilities of their jobs and that the day to day work of the Payroll Team is progressed according to agreed timescales, and that problems are identified and addressed and escalated when necessary.
37 hours per week Monday - Friday. £11p/h.
Please call the office on 0191 814 1360 or apply within to express your interest.