Payroll Manager (Reading, with free parking)
A national multi-site recruitment business in central Reading is looking for a hands-on Payroll Manager.
The purpose of the role is to manage all payroll related operations within the busy finance department including both internal and external payment of operatives and employees.. To manage finance team members and improve systems to ensure they are working effectively and efficiently.
- Assist with the timely and accurate completion and submission of all company returns, including company accounts, dormant company accounts, annual returns, PAYE, CIS, VAT, P11Ds, PSA, Intermediaries return, CITB, CT600
- Review on an ongoing basis the Company's profits, maintain control of costing, budgets and forecasts
- Demonstrate and maintain a sound working knowledge of relevant legislation and legislative changes, identifying any impact to the Company and implementing the necessary systems
- Responsible for the provision of accurate, effective and timely management information
- To manage the operative weekly payrolls and ensure all operatives are paid on time, every time with as few errors as possible
- Complete the staff payroll, timely and accurately
Skills and knowledge required
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Access (or equivalent) with demonstrable experience of working with accounting software packages
- Payroll management experience and knowledge of payroll processing systems, pensions, including auto enrolment requirements and statutory payments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organised with good attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience of construction pay schemes and levies would be an advantage but is not essential
- Experience of working in an agency environment with an understanding of AWR and other relevant legislation is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of Access and Selectpay is also desirable but not essential
Benefits including 23 days holiday (plus bank holidays), birthday and extra Christmas day off, holiday buy/sell back schemes, generous discount package including cinema, gym and retailer benefits, contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers and on-site parking at our office within easy walking distance of Reading town centre and station.
To apply or to discuss the role in more detail, email or call 07711556948