Job Type: Permanent
Sector: Commercial Design & Build
Salary: £75k-£90k + Package & Commission Scheme
Location: Central London
I am currently working with a £125m turnover, Commercial Design and Build specialist who currently has an opening for an experienced and driven Pre-Construction Manager to work alongside the Pre-Construction Director in delivering exceptional Commercial Design & Build projects in Central London. My client is looking for an experienced Pre-Construction Manager who has proven experience within the Pre-Construction environment working on a variety of project types, sizes and procurement routes.
The ideal candidate will have a strong Project Management or Contracts Management design and build background, great commercial awareness, ability to be client-facing and lease with designers, planners, estimators and Construction team.
My client is offering an exceptional opportunity to join one of the most profound commercial design and build contractors in the UK to be apart of some of the most prestigious projects planned in London for 2020. In addition to this, my client is proposing a competitive salary, bonus scheme & commission structure.
Skills and Responsibilities
- Ability to evaluate technical drawings like blueprints or project proposals and accurately interpret them.
- Strong communication skills due to the role involving interacting with a variety of personnel, including subcontractors, architects and Clients.
- Effective technical abilities are also beneficial to utilise word processing and spreadsheet programs as well as cost-estimating software programs.
- Developing itemised expense lists based on personnel and materials needed.
- Collaborating with project designers and owners to explain cost findings.
- Perform calculations and research to develop ways to reduce overall project costs.
- Developing methods to track project expenses.
- BSc Bachelors Degree (Construction preferred)
- Excellent analytic abilities, strong communication skills, and effective technical abilities
- Great commercial awareness
- Commercial Design and Build experience
This role is offering the opportunity for the right person to progress and excel in their Pre-Construction Management career, delivering projects for a hyper-growth main contractor that is known for excellence within the Commercial design & build sector.
If you feel your previous experience would suit the role and you are ready for the next step in your career, please apply directly or contact oliver.brittain@danielowen to discuss the role in more detail.
Tags: Pre-Construction Manager, Commercial Design and Build, Design and Build, Commercial Fit-out