Industry - Planned works
Location - South East London
Salary - Up to £70,000 DOE
Daniel Owen are proud to be partnered with a large growing property maintenance company in the South East area. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company with an aggressive growth plan.
They are looking for a Pre-Construction Manager to come on board managing the Pre-construction stage for several projects at any one time for the Planned Works contracts in the South East area. Working closely with the senior management staff, you will manage pre-con stage of all major works projects.
Daily responsibilities for the successful Pre Construction Manager will include:
- Responsible for managing the Pre-construction stage for several major works projects at any one time. This includes:
- Drafting the project master programmes
- Managing the pre-construction/ tender stage liaising with Consultants, Design Team, Business Development, Commercial Team, Internal and Site Construction Team on a regular basis for each project
- Drive achievement of key project milestones
- Coordinating estimating activities with commercial/estimating team
- Evaluate and act upon tender information and develop an appropriate bid/procurement strategy with other members of the work winning / pre-construction team - incorporating design, construction and commercial aspects to ensure ultimate success.
- Responsible for developing the pre-construction project budget or Pre-construction Services Agreement and manage within the budget.
- Ensure full Governance is undertaken on all submissions with sign off by all stakeholders.
- Liaise with functions to ensure appropriate Pre-construction resource to meet project requirements can be achieved to the plan.
- Ensure changes in programme are communicated to the team members and leadership team
- Support the work winning team and Estimating/Cost Planning to ensure a well-considered and accurate project feasibility / viability is reached.
- Support the pre-construction manager to create the Pre-construction framework within which the business will develop pre-construction activities with Customers and Suppliers.
- Proven track record of working on various planned works projects (K&B's Externals, Internals, Roofing, Cladding, EWI etc)
- Must have a proven track record working in a Tier one contractor or social housing company
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with the client representatives and customers as appropriate and maintain best practice introducing innovative processes which will add value and drive efficiencies.
- Experience managing all major works projects.
- Regularly review service delivery.
- Operational focus - Someone who can manage various processes, can oversee the operational delivery of the project and is very organised.
Requirements for the role:
- You will have a proven track record and experience of managing the pre-construction stages of major works projects.
- The successful candidate will be able to work productively in a pressurised environment, act decisively when faced with urgent issues while consistently always maintaining a high level of service.
- Social Housing, Local authority or Tier 1 contractor experience is a must.