Our client a well respected commercial fit out specialists have an excellent opportunity for a Project Manager. They are proud that a lot of their work is through repeat business as this goes to show the quality of their work and delivery of projects.
They are actively on the look out for someone who wants to be part of and work closely with the Director. They are looking to bring on an experienced Project Manager who can look after 2/3 projects around central London at a time and also help continue to grow the business.
The current project manager who is moving to Australia is from a building surveying background so someone from a similar background will be desirable but is not essential.
Working with the Director, as the Project Manager your responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
- Lead the site teams in carrying out projects in an effective and efficient manner
- Ensure that adequate pre-contract planning is carried out including method statements, contract program and site layout
- Be responsible for the health & safety plan in conjunction with the H&S Advisor
- Arrange and chair internal pre-start/estimating handover meetings
- Arrange external pre-contract meetings with C/A and other interested parties
- Allocate, distribute and action of technical information
- Maintain sufficient information to enable the progress of actions
- Prepare internal and external progress reports
- Oversee the day to day management of the contracts
- Provide training, support and mentoring to staff
- Recommend improvements to existing systems or procedures as appropriate
- Monitor the quality of work to ensure that all works comply with the relevant standards
- Monitor and check the costs in conjunction with the surveying department to ensure the projects are kept within budget
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Must have a demonstrated track record in contracts management within a contractor environment with both fit out & refurbishment projects
- Must have commercial awareness and JCT contract knowledge
- Experience with managing multiple projects
- CSCS Black Card
- First Aid
- Have excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Must be computer literate
Salary will be in a day rate to start £240-320 per day depending on experience with a view to going perm for the right candidate.
If you would like to be considered for this role or any other opportunities, please submit your CV, or for a confidential discussion, please contact Liam O'Leary on 0207 248 0000.