I am currently looking to appoint a Property Surveyor in Gateshead to work for the local authority.
The key roles of this post will include:
- Contribute towards the formulation of strategy and policy for the effective management of the property portfolio.
- Contribute towards the aims and targets in the Corporate Asset Strategy and Management Plan and Vision 2030.
- Provide, in liaison with the Property Manager and Team Leader, property advice to Council services and external clients (including acquisitions, valuations, disposal of surplus land and property management) to ensure that corporate objectives are achieved and financial returns maximised.
- To facilitate land development opportunities, including working with other Council services, private sector Developers and Housing Associations, to deliver new and social housing developments, in accordance with Council policies.
- To undertake commercial negotiations involving statutory valuations, right to buy and other valuations.
- To provide property management advice across the Council assets including; lettings, Landlord & Tenant work, rent reviews, lease renewals and consent applications.
- To prepare and present verbal and written reports and represent the Service/Council at internal and external meetings.
Must be a ,member of the RICS or working towards it and must have a full clean driving licence or access to mobility support. Must have post qualification experience and/or proven experience of property acquisition and dispos.
If interested, please contact Abigail or Abby on 0191 814 1360 / 07912274473.