JOB TITLE: Quantity Surveyor
INDUSTRY: Building and Construction
START DATE: ASAP
SALARY: £35,000 pro rata
Our client, a commercial interior design and building contractor, are looking to hire a Quantity Surveyor due to business expansion in the South West.
The ideal candidate will have 2 years experience as a Quantity Surveyor as well as a good knowledge and understanding of the construction and/or fit out industries. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the estimating and project management teams in the financial control of projects from start to finish - working on projects from £20k up to £1million.
Working 40 hours per week this is a permanent, full time position working out of our client's Taunton office. The salary of £35,000 pro rata is negotiable depending on experience.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Assist with the estimation and quotations of new projects
- Update industry standard rates and compare with existing costing strategy
- Produce, monitor, analyse and control ongoing project costs
- Summarise project financials at key stages and put forward recommendations
- Liaise with both suppliers and customers to enable clear understanding of project finances
- Produce BI Weekly management reports on the financial status of projects
- Review and improve current process to bring inline with ISO 9001 Accreditation
Keyword tags: building and construction, Quantity Surveyor, building and construction