Feeling uninspired at work?
Are you up for the challenge of working with a Tier 1 contractor?
Very interesting projects to be involved in!
Daniel Owen Ltd currently have an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor with civil engineering experience to get involved with a well known tier 1 contractor on a permanent basis. This role will be based in Cambridge.
This is a massive opportunity for any ambitious candidate. As well as being on board with a forward thinking contractor, which will look great on any CV, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, vehicle and an attractive benefits package.
- Prepare subcontract Enquiry List for approval by Commercial Director and Managing QS;
- Prepare full enquiry packs and collate all tender information;
- Analyse tenders upon return;
- Prepare tender analysis, comparing individual tenders against each other, previous developments and budget;
- Issue Health and Safety Contractor checklists for new contractors, ensuring they conform to policies and procedures;
- Assemble Health and Safety Policies, Method Statements and Risk Assessments;
- Compile subcontract Orders / appointments;
- Analyse sub-contractor invoices/applications;
- Prepare interim payments for approval by Commercial Manager;
- Issue contract charges as appropriate;
- Keep Payment Record Sheets up-to-date following completion of each payment run.
- Agree and input progress;
- Prepare subcontract accruals;
- Produce Valuation Breakdown Reconciliation;
- Assist in carrying out cost and value reconciliation on all items.
- Qualified to a minimum level of HNC in Quantity Surveying or construction related course;
- Experience in a similar position working on civil engineering/rail projects;
- CSCS Card
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Self-motivated and well organised with ability to operate efficiently with minimal supervision;
As an Equal Opportunities organisation Daniel Owen Ltd can guarantee that all applicants will receive equal treatment within our application and selection process.
If this opportunity is of interest then please get in touch with Paul Logan of Daniel Owen Ltd on 07879115075 or alternatively send an up to date CV or your number and I can call you. Thanks.