I am looking to appoint an experienced Quantity Surveyor into a well known local nationwide contractor in the Stockport/Manchester area for an initial 3/4 month contract. My client works strictly within the Public Sector, so experience in this sector is essential.
Day to day duties are as follows but not limited to:
- Manage your workload effectively, whilst playing a key role in the operation of quality assurance and ensuring that the customer receives an excellent service
- Provide support to the team in all construction cost consultancy such as the provision of estimating and cost feasibility services.
- Produce contract documentation for a number of procurement routes and manage/deliver the tender process.
- Prepare and/or facilitate contract payments, interim valuations, and monthly cost reporting and total project financial management.
- Ensure total project cost control, and where necessary adopt value management and engineering techniques as well as finalising contract accounts with parties working on behalf of the Council.
- Work alongside consultancy partners in the delivery of the division's workload together with ensuring that Council procedures are adopted within the delivery process.
- Prepare reports and deputise for the Construction and Technical Services Manager, when directed.
- Delivery of cost management on a project basis
The successful candidate must have the following:
- HNC in construction or equivalent
- Substantial experience of working in a QS related position
- Able to use IT processes and packages such as Microsoft
- Full UK driving licence and access to transport
- Knowledge of the building processes
37 hours per week Monday - Friday. Hourly rate negotiable.
If you are looking for some freelance work that may lead to a permanent position and an excellent career opportunity, please apply within or call Abby on 0191 814 1360.