Quantity Surveyor Required
Job Type: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 (will pay more depending on experience)
Quantity Surveyor required for a family run business who deliver a range of bespoke services to their clients. Our client is looking for an experienced and ambitious Quantity Surveyor who has ideally worked in the public sector to join the team in Manchester.
The Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for looking after small works projects up to 2 million. The work will predominantly consist of NHS Hospital/Education refurbishment and planned works maintenance projects so a background in this would be desirable.
Daily responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the preparation, processing and selection of estimates, bids and tenders to demanding timescales.
- Prepare and monitor cash flow forecast for designated projects.
- Prepare and submit monthly applications for payment to the Client/Client's representative.
- Prepare monthly valuation reports for Senior Management.
- Value and authorise payments to sub-contractors.
- Liaise with Contract Managers to establish the project specification and requirements.
- Attend and contribute to meetings with work colleagues
- Building relationships and demonstrating excellent communication skills.
- Monitor the contract progress, assess and report any changes that may affect project costs and or time scale.
- Assist in the control of individual contract budgets.
Requirements for the role
- Must be an experienced Construction Quantity Surveyor
- Essential to have worked with the public sector in particular within the NHS
- Planned works maintenance experience essential
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office
- Must be flexible in hours of work and travel and hold a Full UK Driving Licence
The client is looking for someone for this role as soon as possible, so if interested in the role please send your CV or call Tom on 0161 886 9670
Key terms: Quantity Surveyor, Maintenance, Construction, North West, Manchester, Planned Maintenance