Job Title - Quantity Surveyor
Salary - £40k-£50k plus package
Location - Croydon
Our client are one of London's leading and most respected Commercial Refurb & Fit-Out specialists.
They create stunning interior environments - high-impact, world class concepts designed to make brands stand out. They work across all key sectors, ranging from major global brands through to health-care, local authorities, education and the leisure industry. From concept to completion, they deliver a seamlessly integrated tailored service, backed by outstanding customer care and meticulous attention to detail.
Our client are very proud to boast that the majority of their staff have been with them for more than 8 years and that means they have a team of knowledgeable and committed people delivering the very best for their clients.
My client are actively on the look out for candidates who want to grow and progress on to become senior members of the team. They are a big believer in nurturing and training people early in order to get the best out of people. They are looking to bring on a Quantity Surveyor who can progress on to an Intermediate level and then on to Senior level.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following;
- Prepare and dispatch tender packages to subcontractors
- Set up job files and all necessary records
- Collate subcontractor tenders and in consultation with the Contracts Manager, award subcontracts
- In conjunction with the Senior Quantity Surveyor, check and approve subcontractor claims for payment
- Liaise with subcontractors to resolve queries
- Assess and cost variations to contract
- Update and maintain records
- Assist with contract valuations
- Assist with monthly cost/value reconciliations
- In conjunction with the Senior Project Surveyor, submit and agree final accounts
- Predominantly office based but site visits will be required through South London or adjacent Home Counties
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- BSc in Quantity Surveying, or in the process of obtaining this
- Have a minimum 2 years demonstrated commercial UK experience
- Have excellent communication skills
- Must be computer literate
- Up to £50,000 + Package
If you would like to be considered for this role or any other opportunities, please submit your CV, or for a confidential discussion, please contact Sam Taylor on 0207 248 0000