We are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join our client's Commercial team, a highly successful specialist maintenance contractor involved in various contracts / projects across the South East of England. This is a great opportunity to learn from a contractor that are able to provide you a solid platform to do what you do best, in a successful environment that also maintains a fun and friendly company culture.
Not only is this a great place to learn but they are also one of the fastest growing contractors in the UK who still have very aggressive growth plans for the next 5 years.
This is a fantastic opportunity to utilise your commercial skills within a contractor that puts the interests of their personnel at the heart of all that they do. This role also has a clear progression path to Commercial Management.
Some of your duties will include:
- Monitor contract costs against agreed budgets - company financial reporting
- Develop and monitor the use of cost and financial reporting systems
- Identify potential risks and evaluate options for control
- Guide and advise staff on contractual issues
- Utilising previous NEC and JCT Design and Build contract knowledge bring maximum value to projects
- Guide and develop commercial staff, identifying training where necessary
- Monitor contract compliance against statutory requirements
- Oversee the procedures for certification for contract payments to sub-contractors
- Work closely with the Principal Quantity Surveyor in to improve processes and manage the commercial team
You will need:
- BSc or MSc in Quantity Surveying
- Experience in dealing with social housing maintenance and refurbishment projects
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Team worker with good interpersonal skills
- Organised and methodological with a keen eye for detail
- IT skills e.g. proficient with Microsoft software
- Maths skills / numerically minded
- Budget and financial management
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
If this role is of interest to you then please apply directly or feel free to call Billy McNamara on 020 7248 7000.