Job Title - Quantity Surveyor
Salary - £40,000 - £45,000
Location - Brentwood
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a motivated and customer focused Quantity Surveyor to join a growing commercial team.
Working closely with the Commercial Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for the full commercial management of many housing projects from conception to completion. You will also, provide information, where necessary, for the land purchase exercise that will enable clear materials and labour costs to be considered at that stage. Monitor and report build costs periodically reporting any savings and excesses.
This is a fantastic opportunity to utilise your Commercial Management skills in a main contractor that puts the interests of their personnel at the heart of all that they do.
Some of your duties will include:
- Calculate all the prime costs on developments within the business, reporting any movements in the costs since the preparation of the land purchase exercise. Prime costs to include but not restricted to house pricing, labour costs, site work operations and remediation work.
- Provide a detailed cost budget and share with Site Project Team at the appropriate time.
- Detail a labour cost schedule including anticipated target hours.
- Maintain schedules of quantities and price them individually for prime cost budget.
- Once land opportunities are identified, familiarise the geographical area and consider site issues.
- Prepare estimates of all prime costs inc. subcontract and materials.
- Complete the apportionment of total prime costs to individual plots and produce a profit analysis for the Director.
- Monitor and explain all cost movements.
- Responsible for procurement of subcontractors, including payments, variation orders and day works and settlement of final accounts.
You will need:
- BSc or MSc in Quantity Surveying
- JCT and NEC design and build contract experience essential
- Experience in mentoring junior commercial staff
If this role is of interest to you then please apply directly or feel free to call Charlie Raife on 020 7248 0000.