I am working with a local authoirty to appoint a Rent and Income Officer.
Daily duties will include:
1. To efficiently and effectively operate the arrears control process in order to ensure the Council maximises rental income and ensure that a high quality service is provided.
2. To ensure you keep abreast of relevant changes in welfare reform to enable you to offer advice, support and assistance to tenants.
3. To be conversant with arrears recovery procedures and appropriate legislation and to ensure that these policies and legislative requirements are complied with.
4. To focus on cases of non-payment, taking appropriate and timely action including home visits, telephone work, correspondence and office interviews in order to ensure that prompt and effective action is taken in rent arrears cases.
5. To take legal action where appropriate in order to ensure that the rent arrears policy is adhered to.
6. To work closely with the Councils Revenues and Benefits service to ensure effective joint working between Council services.
7. To liaise with other departments and partners to ensure appropriate referrals are made when tenants require specialist advice or support.
8. To provide financial and welfare benefit advice in order to ensure income maximisation of tenants.
9. To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues
10. Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
Candidates must have had experience in this sort of role before and hold knowledge of the following:
* Appropriate housing related legislation
* Housing benefit
* Welfare Reform
* Housing and Social Care Issues
* Negotiating with tenants
* Ability to work outside normal office hours
* Rent collection procedures
The role is currently advertised as a temporary position but the contract runs until March. Contracts have the possibility to be extended/ the right candidates may get the chance to be taken on into a permanent position if they are suitable for the job.
A driving licence and access to your own vehicle is desirable for this job role.
Please call the office on 0191 814 1360 ASAP to express your interest.