An exciting and challenging opportunity is available as a Revenues Officer for individuals who have experience in collection of council tax and business rates.
The Company is seeking to reduce its arrears for both council tax and business rates, and require individuals who have excellent negotiation and communication skills to achieve this.
You will be required to work in a fast-paced environment and will primarily be expected to achieve individual collection targets set and secure payments by:
- Proactive in/outbound calls to customers for unpaid council tax and business rates
- Negotiate and follow-up payment arrangements
- Apply for attachment of earnings/benefit orders
- Refer cases and liaise with enforcement agents
- Refer cases for insolvency/bankruptcy.
The successful applicant will need to:
- Be flexible, hardworking and dedicated
- Be able to deal with irate customers
- Work individually and collectively as a team
- Have previous practical experience using IWorld Northgate and Info@Work - Anite
- Be able to work weekly shift rota basis from 9am to 7pm, Monday to Thursday, and Friday, 9am to 5pm.
A valid Standard DBS check is required for this role.
If you have the relevant experience, skills and are looking for a challenge, please do not hesitate to apply.