Role: Senior Buyer
Salary: circa £55k
We are currently looking for a senior construction materials buyer, on behalf of our client a specialist sub-contractor who have built a solid reputation in the Kent construction industry upon the exceptional quality of projects they deliver. Our client generally involved themselves in groundworks and civil engineering construction projects, so are looking for an individual who has a history of successfully procuring materials for these types of project. Our client take great pride in their work and are looking for an exceptional individual to carry on their reputation for excellence whilst achieving best value at every given opportunity.
- Procurement of plant and materials and placing orders ensuring delivery to site in accordance with: Standard company operating procedures; Group preferences; Standard conditions of purchase; Cost / profit improvement targets; Required quality and quantity; and Programmed delivery dates.
- Actively contribute to enhancing group profits;
- Attend and participate in Design Team Meetings to drive specifications towards most commercially advantageous solution;
- Produce cost / value reconciliation of purchase orders;
- Provide support to Accounts team to ensure prompt resolution of invoice queries / issues;
- Contribute to the development of improved purchasing processes and procedures;
- Participate and contribute to regular group purchasing meetings and forums to communicate developments, share good practice and up skill our people.
- Build excellent supplier relations;
- Participate in establishing the group as the industry leader in Supply Chain Management.
- Proven track record as a Construction Materials Buyer
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Knowledge of best practice supply chain management tools
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Team orientated/promotes teamwork
- Ability to build strong relations internally and externally
- Disciplined in meeting deadlines
- Innovative/finds solutions
If you are interested in the role mentioned above, please do apply directly via the link, or feel free to drop me a line or give me a call directly at or call on 0207 248 0000.