Project Planning and Monitoring:
- In liaison with the Construction Manager, distribute project responsibilities to competent site staff for effective delivery of designated projects/ contracts/ sites.
- Monitor current and future workload of designated projects/ contracts/ sites to ensure sufficient resource is available to effectively plan and deliver projects.
- Agree project programmes with Construction Manager and relevant client representatives, then monitor progress throughout designated projects.
- Ensure that project programmes are prepared, accurate, updated when necessary and that all issues and revisions are communicated to the necessary parties in good time.
- Intervene and agree action plans to recover project programme delays where possible.
- Ensure timely requests for and delivery of all information on project programmes' critical paths as necessary.
- Coordinate identification of variations to contracts that will impact on project programmes and ensure that they are revised to accommodate with no/minimal delays.
- Liaise with relevant managers/ subcontractors to ensure production programming and smooth workflow through the manufacturing/ production elements within deadlines.
- Ensure project performance trackers are regularly updated and reviewed for all designated projects/ contracts/ and sites.
- Ensure completion of monthly performance reports and subcontractor performance reports for all active projects against KPIs set by senior management, and discuss with the Construction Manager at regular progress meetings.
Procurement and Supply Chain:
- Compile procurement schedules and liaise with the relevant Q. Surveyor regarding site supply and specialist requirements, specifying deadlines/ timeframes as appropriate.
- Ensure enquiries and/ tender packages are sent to subbies and suppliers so that orders can be placed in time to meet project programmes.
- Assist with selection and assessment of sub-contractors to ensure that level of competence and size of existing workload are consistent with contract requirements.
Client Relations and Liaison
- Attend all designated project pre-start, handover, progress and tenant meetings.
- Ensure the taking and distribution of meeting minutes when it is the company's responsibility to so do, together with tracking any follow up actions arising.
- Ensure the maintenance of a flow of timely information to the Construction Manager as to progress, cost and all contractual key performance indicators (KPIs) as required to facilitate meeting both company and client requirements.
- Ensure prior agreement of client to all instructions/ variations in written form.
- Justify and obtain formal agreement on unavoidable delays to minimise penalty claims.
- Resolve any client-related issues referred by any subordinate site staff.
- Receive client/ architect instructions and communicate them to all those affected.
- On completion and hand-over, ensure that an Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Manual is prepared for all projects/ contracts containing all relevant information, user instructions and guarantees and arrange for its delivery to the client. Operations and Workforce Management:
- Ensure delivery methods on designated contracts/ projects are as efficient as possible.
- Deliver and enforce operational standards on designated contracts, projects and sites.
- Liaise with Construction Manager to ensure that an adequate, competent workforce is available to enable completion of contracts to programme whilst minimising costs.
- Provide technical support to subordinate site staff as required.
- Attend regular progress review meetings and review labour requirements with the Construction Manager and subordinate site staff.
- Liaise with sub-contracted trades to ensure good relations are maintained and that our subcontractor performance requirements are clearly communicated and monitored.
- Together with Construction Manager, maintain an overview of sub-contract labour and trades availability to suit programmes to avoid over-commitment of sub-contractors and suppliers and ensure adequate production time.
- Review sub-contractor performance on completion of designated contracts/ projects.
Quality Control and Compliance:
- Ensure work methods and outputs on designated projects, etc. achieve zero defects and other quality standards at minimum cost and that required snagging is minimal.
- Ensure any non-conforming product is recorded and returned to suppliers.
- Ensure snagging lists are agreed with clients and/ or contract administrators.
- Ensure snagging lists are communicated to all affected parties, then monitored to ensure timely completion through to obtaining client sign-off.
- Monitor project output to ensure compliance with Building Regulations and any other prevailing legislation and required industry standards (e.g. NICEIC, Gas Safe, etc.).
- Liaise with Senior Consultant and Designer and Building Control to resolve any issues.
- With the Construction Manager, investigate any delivery-based complaints or disputes on designated contracts/ projects/ sites following company procedures.
Health, Safety, Environmental and Equal Opportunities Compliance:
- Monitor and enforce site practices to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations, as well as the company Health and Safety, Environmental and Equal Opportunities Policies, to minimise the likelihood of accidents and ill-health, discrimination, bullying, staff conflict, fines and compensation claims.
- Ensure training needs are identified for subordinate site staff and, together with the Head of Compliance, HR and Strategy, arrange for personnel to attend such courses.