Role: Senior Materials Buyer
Location: South-East London
Salary: £45k - £55k
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior Materials Buyer on behalf of a rapidly growing Groundworks and RC Frames contractor, who are searching for a new addition to their pre-construction team due to an ever-increasing workload. This is the perfect opportunity for a Senior Materials Buyer with a comprehensive knowledge of Groundworks and RC frames materials, who is looking to exercise this knowledge to achieve best value at every given opportunity. Our client is looking for a seasoned individual who is looking to have a real impact on the company and there is a real opportunity to grow with this expanding firm.
- Procurement of plant and materials and placing orders ensuring delivery to site in accordance with: Standard company operating procedures; Company preferences; Standard conditions of purchase; Cost / profit improvement targets; Required quality and quantity; and Programmed delivery dates.
- Actively contribute to enhancing company profits through achieving best value;
- Attend and participate in Design Team Meetings to drive specifications towards most commercially advantageous solution;
- Produce cost / value reconciliation of purchase orders;
- Provide support to Accounts team to ensure prompt resolution of invoice queries / issues;
- Contribute to the development of improved purchasing processes and procedures;
- Participate and contribute to regular group purchasing meetings and forums to communicate developments, share good practice and up skill our people.
- Build excellent supplier relations;
- Participate in establishing the group as the industry leader in Supply Chain Management.
- Proven track record buying materials for Groundworks and RC frame projects
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Knowledge of best practice supply chain management tools
- Strong negotiation skills
- Team orientated/promotes teamwork
- Ability to build strong relations internally and externally
- Disciplined in meeting deadlines
- Innovative/finds solutions
If you are interested in the role mentioned above, please do apply directly via the link, or feel free to drop me a line or give me a call directly at or call on 0207 248 0000.