Job Title - Senior Project Manager
Package - £50k - £55k + Package
Location - West London- Brent
Our client is a privatley owned residential developer and home builder operating in London and South-East London.
They are currently looking to add a Senior Project Manager to the team to run a specific project of a flag ship development will comprise of 807 units across 3 number blocks of apartments ranging from 1 - 27 storeys in height. The units will consist of private, HA, Shared Ownership and rented flats.
The façade construction will be RC frame with pre-fabricated brick work panel/metsec and brickwork.
The internal wall construction will be metal stud/plasterboarded 1st and 2nd fixed and fitted out to our 2 and 3 star specifications.
Reporting to the Senior Build Director/Area Construction Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
It is the responsibility of the Senior Project Manager, with the support of his site team, to manage and control a private enterprise residential house building development site where the objectives are to produce the highest level of production, ensure health & safety, manage prelims and achieve customer satisfaction.
- To plan and record progress in accordance with the Company's approved methods and procedures.
- To ensure that all dwelling units are produced to a consistently high standard of quality, so as to comply in all respects with requirements of the National House Building Council, the Building Regulations and achieve the company White Card Standard for customer handover.
- To participate in the pre-selection meetings for labour and material subcontractors who will be appointed to work on this development and to liaise with them throughout the project by conducting and recording weekly/monthly progress meetings.
- To liaise with the Customer Care Manager in the identification of common defects and ensure through the Senior Build Director/Area Construction Manager that these defects are designed out.
- To ensure the condoc design/specification is followed and adhered to and any design issues are identified early using our RFI system via our Technical Department.
- To co-ordinate labour and materials to meet the production programme and in particular, to maintain the optimum level of materials on, site consistent with the labour force being fully and effectively employed and the agreed production programme being achieved.
- To monitor the output of all contractors working on site and to authorise payment for completed works with our proforma payment system to our required standards of quality/cleanliness.
- To initiate all inspections by the Local Building Inspector/NHBC/Clerk of Works and ensure all records are kept. To attend the site inspections, when required, at the time of their visit to the site.
- To manage/programme, at the earliest opportunity, with the assistance of a Site Engineer, all road and sewer constructions/utility companies on the development.
- To ensure that the site is kept clean and materials are stacked neatly at all times by enforcing this with our contractors from the start of the project and where necessary to use our contra charge system.
- To be aware that familiarisation inspections take place with the Customer/Sales Negotiators of plots on the development and customer revisits after 7 days for actioning defects during the period, will be required.The Senior Project Manager/Site Team shall endeavour to achieve a standard of zero defects on all properties.To ensure compliance with all Health & Safety and other relevant legislation and on the occasion of any visit to the site by any (HSE) Factory Inspector, Company Safety Executive, Safety Advisor or other person connected with Health & Safety at work or other relevant legislation to accompany such person in the inspection of the site.
- To ensure that the team, under his management control, carry out their duties and responsibilities in accordance with the job specifications, by reference to which they are employed.
- To innovate/improve good working practices from previous experience or those required by the company, as standard.
- To ensure that all requests from the Company's Sales Staff in connection with the preparation of show homes are accommodated.
- To carry out such other duties and responsibilities which may be consistent with the role of a person having management control of a private enterprise flag ship residential development.
If you would like to be considered for this role or any other opportunities, please submit your CV, or for a confidential discussion, please contact Charlie Raife on 0207 248 0000.